WE USE COMMON TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES.
We collect personal information about users over time and across different websites when you use this website or service. We also have third parties that collect personal information this way. To do this, we use several common tracking tools. Our vendors may also use these tools. In this policy “we” and “us” refers to both The Donna Karan Company LLC (“DKC”) and our vendors. These may include browser cookies. We may also use web beacons, flash cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies.
WE USE TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES FOR A VARIETY OF REASONS.
– To recognize new or past customers.
– To store your password if you are registered on our site.
– To improve our website and to better understand your visits on our platforms.
– To integrate with third party social media websites.
– To serve you with interest-based or targeted advertising (see below for more on interest-based advertising).
– To observe your behaviors and browsing activities over time across multiple websites or other platforms.
– To better understand the interests of our customers and our website visitors.
WE ENGAGE IN INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING.
We and our partners display interest-based advertising using personal information gathered about you over time across multiple websites or other platforms. This might include apps.
Interest-based advertising or “online behavioral advertising” includes ads that are served to you after you leave our website, encouraging you to return. They also include ads we think are relevant to you based on your browsing habits or online activities. These ads may be served on websites or apps. They might also be served in emails. We might serve these ads, or third parties may serve ads. They might be about our products or other companies’ products.
HOW DO WE GATHER RELEVANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU FOR INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING?
To decide what is relevant to you, we use information you make available to us when you interact with us, our affiliates, and other third parties. This information is gathered using the tracking tools described above. For example, we or our partners might look at your purchases or browsing behaviors. We might look at these activities on our platforms or the platforms of others.
We work with third parties who help gather this information. These third parties might link your name or email address to other information they collect. That might include past purchases made offline or online. Or, it might include online usage information.
YOU CAN CONTROL CERTAIN TRACKING TOOLS.
Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so depends on the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. To find out more about how to enable, disable, or delete cookies from your web browser, please visit here. To control flash cookies, which we may use on certain websites from time to time, you can go to: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html. Why? Because flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings.
Our Do Not Track Policy: Some web browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that allow you to tell a website not to track you. This feature lets you tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those Do Not Track signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
Certain choices you make are browser and device-specific.
YOU CAN OPT-OUT OF ONLINE BEHAVIORAL ADVERTISING
The Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising program provides consumers with the ability to opt-out of having their online behavior recorded and used for advertising purposes. To opt out of having your online behavior collected for advertising purposes, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Certain choices you make are both browser and device-specific.
WE USE SPECIFIC TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Here is more information about the tracking technologies and cookies we currently use on www.DKNY.com. We use all of these tracking technologies to improve our site and the experience of our visitors:
- Bing Ads: Bing Ads allows us to have our advertisements appear at the top of the results page when a user searches for DKNY or related terms on Bing.com. This helps us to direct users to our website. DoubleClick and DoubleClick Floodlight: We use these tracking tools to track user behavior over time and across third party sites to improve the effectiveness of our online advertising. We collect information about what ads users view and whether they click on the ads. We use this information to improve and customize our advertising.
- Facebook Custom Audience: We use Facebook Custom Audience to deliver ads on Facebook to a certain group of users. We use this tool to help direct these users to our website.
- Facebook Advertising: We use these tracking tools to track user behavior over time and across third party sites to show relevant ads to Facebook users and direct traffic to our sites. We use this technology to serve you ads on Facebook based on the pages you visited on our websites or pages you may be interested in. We collect information about what ads users view and whether they click on the ads. We use this information to improve and customize our advertising.
- Facebook Login and Facebook Social Plugins: Facebook Login allows users to log into DKNY.com using their Facebook credentials. We also use this technology to allow users to share their experiences with our websites and products on Facebook. We may use these tools to collect your browser information, demographic data, and interaction data. If you enable permissions to allow us to access additional information from your Facebook account, we may use that information to optimize our advertising.
- Google Adwords: We use Google Adwords to help our advertisements appear at the top of the results page when a user searches for DKNY or related terms on Google. We also use the tool to optimize and track conversions from these ads to drive sales and traffic on DKNY.com.
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our website. For example, we collect details of the site where the visitor has come from and the total number of times a visitor has been to our website.
- Google Enhanced E-Commerce: We use Google Enhanced E-Commerce to collect information about how visitors use certain functions on our website. For example, we look at how users view products and use our checkout process. We use this information to improve our website and optimize your shopping experience.
- Google Tag Manager: We use Google Tag Manager to manage our tracking tools and analyze user behavior. We also use this tool to analyze our site traffic and optimize marketing campaigns that are being run on other channels. Linkshare: We partner with like-minded, third-party affiliate sites. These affiliate sites direct traffic to DKNY.com through product links in return for a commission. We use Linkshare to track traffic to DKNY.com through these links on third-party affiliate sites and associated commissions.
- Xaxis Lightning Bolt Tag: This universal tag allows us to measure the connection between digital media and site interaction. The tag is used for conversion tracking, retargeting and analytics. We use this information to customize targeting and improve the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns.